Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hey! My Daddy is a Black Man!!!


Hello all!!!! I am writing to you from South Carolina:) I just got in tonight and had a burden on my heart. Bill Maher expressed how Obama isn't living up to the name of a real black president. His lack of aggression in fixing the BP Oil Spill, contradicted the image of the stereotypical aggressive black man. He stated, "I thought when we elected a black president, we were going to get a black president. You know, this [BP oil spill] is where I want a real black president. I want him in a meeting with the BP CEOs, you know, where he lifts up his shirt where you can see the gun in his pants. That's -- (in black man voice) we've got a 'motherfu**ing problem here?' Shoot somebody in the foot." Looks like he shot himself in the foot with this one. So a black man is someone who carries a gun and uses profanity when he has a problem? No no no no no!!! Call me sensitive, but when Maher made those comments he was talking about all the men in my family. He was talking about every black man in America. I know that black men in America have a lot of growing to do, but to make a generalized statement about their behavior crossed the line. And then to direct that stereotype solely to the FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT of the UNITED STATES of AMERICA?!?!?!? Not Cool...The video is shown below.

No comments:

Post a Comment