Monday, June 21, 2010

Date Diary from Essence.com


You all know I am a huge fan on all things Essence Magazine! Essence.com has started a Blind Date Diary for Relationship Editor Demetria L.Lucas, showing her on various blind dates with various men. Demetria always seemed like a cool individual to me, so I was thrilled to really see how she acts in real life! Watching the blind date I got two things:
#1- She seems really cool
#2- He was so not interested.
When you see the date, you'll see what I'm talking about. The date seemed to go fine on both ends, but he never called her back. His excuses were work related, but hello she has a lot going on too! I have to be honest and say that this date scares me. They both have amazing jobs, they're good looking, and have a lot in common. So why no second date? Maybe it could be a problem just within him, but I doubt it. He just wasn't feeling her. I always felt that having my own success and drive would attract men. I'm not saying that that is my reason for wanting success at all, but to see someone who is young, black, attractive, and successful not even be able to get a second date makes me even less excited to get older and look forward to finding my soul mate and creating a life together. Man, it rough out there:( I should just stop expecting and hoping and just let what happens happen. Here is the video below:








No comments:

Post a Comment