Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Creatively Coiffed

As an up and coming hair stylist, I am of course interested in all things hair! I stumbled upon a few beautiful updo's involving braids that I found really creative and interesting. I always try to recreate certain looks with my own hair and my friend's hair as well. However, when I can't exactly recreate the hairstyle, I still come up with something fabulous(that's the beauty in trial and error people). As long as there is inspiration, something magnificent can be born.

Alicia Keys is rockin a really cute braided mohawk. I tried to do this with my own hair, but came up with something different. I really want to figure out how to do this style, so this is on my to-do list for the future.

Here is Tracee Ellis Ross with a beautiful braided do. This would be very easy to accessorize with a feathered pin or flower. Chic Chic Chic:)

Rachel Roy is a superb fashion designer who exudes elegance, intelligence and class. I'm truly falling in love with this woman lol. On her website she had a quote that pretty much summed up exactly how I feel:
"My biggest influences are strong creative women, that chart their own path, lead their own lives and drive the course of history."
She is just charming:) Moving on, here she is with a less formal display of braids. Both hairstyles can be dressed up or dressed down. Since I don't have my ears pierced, the earring option isn't how I would accessorize. However, decorative headbands and hairpins is a great way to make your chic hairdo make even more of a statement.
Even if you can't recreate these looks for yourself, try to discover the possibilities. Let your attempts lead you to another fabulous destination.
-La Touche

No comments:

Post a Comment