Friday, January 14, 2011

Is the Invisible Part Really Invisible?


An example of an Invisible Part
 There are always new trends and tricks popping up in the world of hair. Since I am in love with all things hair, it is my duty to try to have my finger on all the latest products and trends. However, there are some that tend to generate a bit of shall I say..."chatter". The Invisible Part is a method that I have seen sprout up within the past two years. It is a method of meticulously gluing small sections of the hair weft to an already placed part in your hair. None of the clients real hair is left out. You keep doing this method in such a way to actually create a new hairline. I was very impressed when I first saw this method and thought this technique was innovative and still do. However, with this method there is a fine line between right and oh so wrong. Like with everything else, I tried it on myself first to see if this something that I could successfully do. I found it to be successful, and thought that I could recommend this to some people who have a hard time blending their hair.

Even though there are some ways for it to be done successfully, you have to remember that there is a fine line between great and gross with this look. There are also some negative effects it can have on your hairline if used constantly because of the excessive use of glue in the hair. Also, if the hair isn't placed correctly it can look as of your part is too wide. Thus making the part look very odd, like the picture below.


I am all for experimentation, and I am actually a fan of the invisible part...when it is done correctly. Here are some videos from popular YouTubers who have mastered the art of the Invisible Part.





Whether you love it or hate it, the invisible part is here to stay. Women are always coming up with new innovative ways to style their hair, whether it is healthy for their strands or not. I just wonder what we could possibly come up with next?

1 comment:

  1. I love the invisible part. When initially done, it has to be place soooo close together that you can barely even see the part at first. BUT! After 2 weeks or so, the invisible part begins to slide and give you this weird balding look! The newest thing that I have found is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH5G5P113PQ. I can not wait to try it and see how it comes out.

    ReplyDelete