Monday, January 25, 2010

Where Did All These People Come From?

Today at Morgan State University the first day of the spring semester began. As I walked through the normal walkways of the campus I was bombarded with an overwhelming crowd of people. Now I have to say that while I was annoyed from the rain, I was pleasantly surprised by the new selection of young black men. There were beautiful men everywhere, but that is a whole 'nother post lol. It was good however to see more black people making an effort to get an education even in this economy. It seems like nowadays, getting a trade and going to work immediately are most people's options because of money.
Education is such an important component of success and I'm relieved and overjoyed that more African American men and women are making it a priority. My classes so far seem pretty OK, but since it is only day one I do not have an accurate view on how the semester's going to turn out. But don't worry I'll keep you posted;)

No comments:

Post a Comment