Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Confession: I'm Addicted to Thrift Stores

Happy Tuesday Everyone! Over the weekend, Martrelle and I went looking for some thrift stores in the MD area. We found one in Silver Spring and decided to make a trip out there. I must admit that I've never been big on the idea of buying used clothing. Yeah, I said it! However, one quick look at my bank account, reassured me that this was the right (and only) choice. It is safe to say that I lost my mind in that store. The thrill I had was something I just can't describe in a coherent sentence. Thrifting is not just about shopping, but the assurance that no one will be able to purchase your outfit. Just by saying, "I got it at a thrift store", makes you stand a little taller knowing that individual is wishing they had the eye for fashion that you do. You were able to see the jem in the a room of junk, and knew exactly what to pair with it to make it look expensive.

While at the Thrift Store I purchased a few vests, some blazers, and a coat:


Vest:


If feels so soft, and I love the Asian artwork on the back.

This vest was only $3!

This vest is Martrelle's but I had to put it up. A real leather vest for only $3.

Blazers:

This fits me perfectly! Love Love Love!!!

I actually got this from school. Goodwill donated clothes for a fashion show, and I snagged this Blazer from Barneys!

Only $6

My favorite piece out of the whole collection:


Jordache Faux Fur Coat $25

Many more thrifting hauls to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment