Monday, April 18, 2011

My First Facial

On Sunday I went to Cahra Salon and Spa in Gaithersburg, MD to receive my first facial. I absolutely loved my experience and I just had to share some tips that my esthetician shared with me.

I was able to snap a few pics of the room before I started my facial.


The esthetician and I talked throughout the majority of the facial (I really had a ton of questions), so I'm not going to repeat everything. However I will share this:

1. Stick to a daily regimen. If you find a list of products that work for your skin, stick to it and be consistent.

2. Know your skin. Your skin changes during each season and continues to change during each phase in your life. Pay attention to what it needs and how it reacts.

3. Work from the inside out. Your skin is directly effected by your diet. Eat food rich with antioxidants and Vitamin E like spinach, kale, fruits, nuts, etc.

I DEFINITELY plan on getting a facial once every season change, and I recommend that you do as well. This was such a great experience, and it was nice to feel totally relaxed and still feel like you've accomplished something.

2 comments:

  1. Great tips, LadyPhenom. Facials will help your skin, but one shouldn’t depend on it alone. If you want a clear and healthy skin, the most important thing you should pay attention to is your diet and your lifestyle. No matter how many facials and treatments you’ll have, if you keep giving your body toxic food, it’ll be difficult to achieve that healthy flawless skin. Lilia, La Fleur de Beaute

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m glad that you had a great time! Well, it’s really good that you go for some facials once in a while. It helps your face relax and achieve that refreshed glow for days. And aside from having a healthy lifestyle, it also helps if you prevent using products that contain chemicals that could irritate your skin.

    William Connors @ The Healing Station

    ReplyDelete