Monday, July 12, 2010

Write It Down & Make it Plain (part deux)

      Hello Hello:)  I am sitting here in vacation mode in the comfort of my own bed. There is candlelit lighting, India Arie singing, and nail polish drying on my toes. Ahh!! Anyways, I wanted to let you all know that I have been making steps towards completing my goals. Today I called one of the places that I had inquired about a job. The woman seemed like she was rushing off the phone, but I remembered what Melissa Dawn Johnson said about never taking no as an answer, and continued to talk my way into an interview at 3:30 tomorrow afternoon! Needless to say I let out a big "wooooo!!!!!". Hopefully by the end of the week I can cross off goal #1: Get a Job

       This afternoon I went out with two wise and dear friends to a Mexican restaurant. I remembered Goal #2: "Cut sweets out of my life during the week (weekends is OK)". I am happy to say that since it is Monday and not Saturday or Sunday I did not get ANY dessert:). I'm only boring you with this because I want to help anyone who is making goals and writing them down to see how you can start putting effort into goals immediately. Just ask God and he will take care of the funky little details. I even did some laundry and cleaned my room and the bathroom which was Goal # 6: "Keep my room clean". You don't even have to tell anyone what your goals are. This way there is less pressure. It is so crucial to make sure that we are contributing to not only others, but to ourselves in a positive way. In the words of my darling bestie Ashley McNeil "Make sure your not just existing, but living."....Bon Soir.

No comments:

Post a Comment